Thursday, September 19, 2013

Homework 5

I couldn't figure out how to link the blender file here, so I sent it in an email instead.

So basically, the object that I created for the previous homework was a palm pilot. And considering this particular object will not be moving in our actual game, I decided to make it move around just for the purpose of this homework. First, I started with the object that I previously created. Then, I applied the blender game and blender physics options. Then, I changed the object's physics status to rigid body. Afterwards, I added a static plane under the object to stop the object from falling infinitely. After that, I added motion to the object: w,a,s,d, and spacebar all control the object's movement. Then I created a cube in a second layer and used an empty to add the cube into the game. I gave this cube plenty of initial velocity and even initial movement set with the "always" setting. Then, I placed my object high in the air and I let the rest play out. It's not conventional by practically any means, but it's certainly a proof of concept. These options can be applied to any object (or character) to provide movement and control to our game. The add objects facility doesn't quite interact with the other objects, but the homework didn't specify that, so I hope it does not matter. Anyways, we can easily apply these controls and movements in our game. It will most likely be applied to a different object or character, however.

Here's some pictures illustrating my file/engine simulation:
This picture portrays the height at which I released my palm pilot object onto the plane below with the empty in view as well.

This picture didn't come out so well, but it does actually show the pal pilot object falling onto the plane as the empty launches cubes at it.

As I said before, this particular simulation is not applicable towards our ultimate game, but it does provide a great example for possibilities. I could have created a simulation that was applicable, but alas, my object is supposed to be inanimate and the homework assignment doesn't specify regardless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment