Thursday, September 12, 2013

Homework 3




















So this is my blender object. It's a futuristic phone/palm pilot. In our game, it can be used for hacking or as something the player can hack. This is just a rough, general concept item, but it could very easily be useful for either the player or npc's.

To make it, I started with the generic cube and I clicked the push/pull button under Transform to blowup/warp the cube a bit to give it the general shape. Then, I scaled everything down until I got a normal-sized (length, width, and volume) model. After that, it was all just subdivision and extrusion. I subdivided the whole thing once and then dissolved the edges where needed (for the screen and back). Then I extruded the keys by subdividing the lower half a second time and clicking extrude individual faces. I brought the keys up a level and brought the spaces between the keys up two levels. Then, I just simply scaled the key faces to make them seemed raised inside their little key button shell. Then I applied some little finishing touches to the overall rest of the shape and there you have it. One, simple little hacking device. The possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment